• Source and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.
• Evidence suggests foreign women forced into prostitution in Barbados.
• Legal and illegal immigrants from Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and Guyana appear to be the most vulnerable to trafficking.
• Prostitution of children is known to exist in Barbados.
• Immigrant children engage in transactional sex with older men for material goods.
• 30% of women in Barbados reported intimate partner physical or sexual violence in their lifetime.
• Violence and abuse against women continue to be significant social problems.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Tr