• Amnesty International reported victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence seeking justice in the country faced many obstacles.
• Transit and destination country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• Female sex trafficking victims originate in Russia, the Baltic countries, the Caucasus, Asia, Africa, Central Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean.
• 17.6% of women in Finland report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 4.3% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 43.5% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual and/or physical violence in their lifetime.
• Pro-Tukipiste – Finland – Pro Centre Finland supports and promotes the civil and human rights of individuals involved in sex work. Offers professional social support, health care services and legal advice for sex workers in Helsinki and Tampere regions.
• Under Eva Biaudet’s guidance, the Finnish National Rapporteur’s office has not only been a prolific reviewer of Finland’s trafficking situations, but has led efforts to train authorities on victim assistance.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report