• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking.
• Large population of street children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Haitian men, women, and children also are subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking in the Dominican Republic, other Caribbean countries, the United States, and South America.
• 14.3% of women in Haiti report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 10.8% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 26.5 of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 5.6% reported abuse during pregnancy
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011