• Destination country for men and women subjected to sex trafficking
• Some women from the former Soviet Union and China are subjected to forced prostitution in Israel.
• Chinese sex trafficking victims are forced into prostitution for male Chinese workers in Israel.
• NGOs reportedly received 4,250 requests for sexual abuse assistance in 2010. More than 40% of applicants said they were victims of rape or attempted rape, and two-thirds said they were sexually assaulted before the age of 18.
• “Modesty patrols” harass women in Haredi neighborhoods.
• Ministry of Social Affairs operated a battered women’s shelter and an abuse reporting hotline.
• Awareness Centre (Tel Aviv) – NGO specializing in research on trafficking in women and prostitution in Israel.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; Victor Malarek, The Natashas (Penguin 2003)