• Destination country for men and women who are subjected to forced labor and to a lesser degree forced prostitution.
• Women arrested for prostitution offenses not screened for evidence of trafficking, and faced prosecution and deportation regardless of whether they were sex trafficking victims.
• Violence against women be a problem.
• Rape carries a maximum penalty of death.
• Spousal rape is not a crime.
• Kuwait Human Rights Society.
• Kuwaiti Society for Fundamental Human Rights.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011