• Source, transit, and destination country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women and children from Azerbaijan subjected to sex trafficking in the UAE, Turkey, Russia, and Iran.
• Azerbaijan serves as a transit country for women from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan subjected to forced prostitution in Turkey and the UAE.
• Destination country for women from Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan subjected to forced prostitution.
• In 2010, government reported 48 cases of gender-based violence against 40 individuals.
• 12.8% of women in Azerbaijan report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 2.9% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 13.3% of women report intimate partner and/or not-intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 3.7% of women report intimate partner and/or not-intimate-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
• 2.8% report forced first sex.
• 4.2 report abuse during pregnancy
• Association for the Protection of Women’s Rights
• Azerbaijan Foundation of Democracy Development and Human Rights Protection
• Institute for Peace and Democracy operates projects to combat gender-based violence and trafficking in persons in the Caucasus.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011