• Destination, source, and transit country for men, women and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking.
• Anecdotal reports suggest that women from South American countries such as Brazil, Colombia, and Panama may be subjected to forced prostitution.
• Groups vulnerable to sex trafficking in The Bahamas include children engaging in sex with men for basics such as food, transportation, or material goods.
• Human rights problems reported included violence against women and children.
• Police reported that eight of 78 killings recorded through October 2010 were related to domestic violence
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011