• Source, destination, and transit country for women, men, and children subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.
• Women and children are subjected to sex trafficking in Russia, Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Turkey, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, and within Belarus.
Reports continued of women from low-income families in Belarus subjected to forced prostitution in Minsk.
• Some labor trafficking victims returned to Belarus with severe injuries, such as amputated limbs.
• Women detained in the December 2010 protests reported they were threatened with rape while in custody.
• Women tend not report rape due to shame or fear that police will blame the victim.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011