• Botswana is a source, and destination country for women and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking.
• The law prohibits rape but does not recognize spousal rape as a crime.
• Report indicates that the organized prostitution of underage girls may be occurring in Gaborone.
• Women’s Affairs Department in the Ministry of Labor and Home Affairs has responsibility for promoting and protecting women’s rights and welfare
• No social services specifically to assist victims of human trafficking.
• UNICEF, launched an anti-trafficking awareness campaign in preparation for the World Cup in South Africa.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011