• Source and, to lesser extent, transit and destination country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women and children are subjected to sex trafficking within the country, particularly in resort areas and border towns, as well as in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Austria, Italy, Germany, the United States, the Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Italy, Spain, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Turkey, and Cyprus
• Ethnic Roma men, women, and children are particularly vulnerable to becoming trafficking victims and overrepresented among identified trafficking victims.
• NGOs reported that one in four women was a victim of domestic violence.
• Reports of trafficking-related complicity of government officials, including reports of officials who providing sensitive law enforcement information to traffickers and intentionally hindered the investigations of high-level traffickers.
• Government maintains a website providing potential victims of trafficking with information and published an anti-trafficking handbook.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011