• Domestic violence against women, including wife beating, widespread.
• Sex tourism was a growing problem,. No laws to address it.
• 15.7% of women in Cape Verde report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 3.6% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 21.5 of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 4.6% report abuse during pregnancy
• Cape Verdean Institute of Equity and Gender, the Women Parliamentarians Network, and local women’s organizations with foreign diplomatic support work to address gender-based violence
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Dep