• 49 women killed in 2010 as a result of domestic or sexual violence, compared with 55 in 2009.
• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.
• Chilean women and girls responding to false job offers subjected to sex trafficking.
• Chilean women and girls also are subjected to sex trafficking in Argentina, Peru, and Bolivia, as well as Spain.
• Women and girls from Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, and other Latin American countries lured to Chile and coerced into prostitution
• 15% of women in Chile report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 15.6% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
Domestic violence against women remained a serious problem.
Angela Lina – association composed of active sex workers and former sex workers organized to improve the quality of life for all women.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011; Sex Work Activists, Allies, and You