• Soldiers reportedly rape women and girls throughout the country.
• Women reporting rape or domestic violence to police often ignored.
• 0.3% of women in Cote d’Ivoire report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
• 12.3% of women reported intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual and/or physical violence in the 12 months in or preceeding 2005.
• 17.3 per cent reported forced first sex.
• Destination country for children trafficked for sex from Burkina Faso.
• Ministry of Family and Social Affairs provides limited assistance to victims of domestic violence and rape.
• The Committee to Fight Violence Against Women and Children provides cell phone numbers on weekly radio programs and monitors abusive situations through frequent home visits.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State