• Transit, source, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking.
• Large numbers of migrants from Ethiopia and Somalia pass illegally through Djibouti en route to Yemen and other Middle East locations. • Some women and girls may fall victim to domestic servitude or forced prostitution after reaching Djibouti City or the Ethiopia-Djibouti trucking corridor.
• Unknown number of migrants are subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking once they reach Yemen or other Middle East destinations.
• Members of foreign militaries stationed in Djibouti contribute to the demand for women and girls in prostitution, including trafficking victims.
• No law against spousal rape.
• Union of Djiboutian Women’s counseling center helps women with a variety of problems, including domestic violence.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011