• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.
• Dominican women and children subjected to sex trafficking throughout the Dominican Republic, the Caribbean, Europe, South America, the Middle East, and the United States.
• Child sex tourism is a problem, particularly in coastal resort areas.
• Rape a serious and widely underreported problem.
• 16.1% of women in Dominican Republic report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 5.5% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 19% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 10.1% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011