• Source country and, to a lesser extent, a transit and destination country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• In 2010, women and girls from Georgia were subjected to sex trafficking within the country and in Turkey and Egypt.
• Forced prostitution of Georgian victims documented in the United Arab Emirates, Greece, Russia, Germany, and Austria.
• Kidnapping of women for marriage occurred but not widespread.
• 4.8% of women in Georgia report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 1.5% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011