• Transit and destination country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking. • Greek government and NGOs report female sex trafficking victims originate primarily in Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Nigeria, and Central Asia.
• 90% of all illegal migrants entering the EU currently enter through Greece.
• Domestic violence, including spousal abuse, continue to be a problem.
• Emma Skjonsby Manousaridis of New Life (Nea Zoi) and staff and volunteers regularly visit bars, brothels, and hotels to assist trafficking victims in Athens.
• European Network of Women anti-trafficking organization.
Sources: U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2009; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2008; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011