• Societal violence against women and children.
• Source, transit, and destination country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women from Hungary are forced into prostitution in the Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, Norway, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Greece, and the United States.
• Women from eastern Hungary are subjected to forced prostitution in Budapest and areas in Hungary along the Austrian border.
• Roma women and girls who grow up in Hungarian orphanages are highly vulnerable to internal sex trafficking.
• Romanian women and children are subjected to sex trafficking in Hungary.
• Men from Western Europe travel to Budapest for the purpose of adult sex tourism.
• Irén Adamné Dunai a founding member of the inter-ministerial human trafficking working group. Under her guidance, shelters and a crisis line for trafficking victims were established.
Sources: U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2010; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011