• Destination and transit country for adults and children subjected to forced labor and, to a lesser extent, sex trafficking.
• 20.6% of women in Jordan report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 7.6% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 38.5% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 20.6% of women report intimate partner and/or non -partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
• 5.4% report abuse during pregnancy.
• Spousal abuse is technically grounds for divorce, but husbands can claim religious authority to strike their wives.
• Linda Al-Kalash of Tamkeen for Legal Aid and Human Rights in Amman assists trafficking victims as they seek justice and take their traffickers to court.
• Jordan River Foundation operated a child and family center in East Amman.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2010;