• Destination and to a lesser extent, source and transit country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking and for men, women, and children subjected to conditions of forced labor.
• Kazakhstani women and children are subjected to sex trafficking in the United Arab Emirates, Russia, China, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Greece, Indonesia, and Israel. Women and girls from Uzbekistan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Moldova, and Ukraine are subjected to sex trafficking in Kazakhstan.
• Women and girls from rural Kazakhstan are subjected to sex trafficking in urban areas of the country.
• Violence against women, including domestic violence, a problem.
• Government providing support for shelters, hotlines and awareness campaigns.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011