• Destination and transit country for men and women from sub-Saharan Africa and Asia subjected to forced prostitution.
• Female victims of gender-based or domestic violence and suspected of violating moral codes, can be detained in “social rehabilitation” facilities.
• Convicted rapist must marry the victim, with her agreement, or serve a prison term of as long as 25 years.
• Rape victims who failed to meet high evidentiary standards reportedly could face charges of adultery.
• The law does not prohibit female genital mutilation.
• World Islamic Call Society produced public information campaigns to raise awareness of human trafficking.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011