• Source, transit, and destination country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• Government reports that Lithuanian boys and girls were subjected to forced theft in foreign countries.
• 40% of identified Lithuanian trafficking victims are women and girls who are sex trafficking victims exploited within Lithuania.
• Lithuanian women victims of sex trafficking in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Greece, Italy, France, and the Czech Republic.
• Small number of women from Russia and Belarus are transported through Lithuania en route to Western Europe and subjected to forced prostitution.
• Societal violence against women, particularly alcohol-related domestic violence, remained a serious problem.
• 32.7% of women in Lithuania report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 7.5% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• The Shelter for Children and Mothers in Vilnius, provided assistance to victims of domestic violence, forced prostitution, and human trafficking.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011