• Small number of women from Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, China, the Philippines, Eastern Europe, and former Soviet Union countries, as well as some girls from Bangladesh, are subjected to sex trafficking
• 17.9% of women in Maldives report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 6.7% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 28.4% of women report intimate partner and/or non -partner sexual and/or physical violence in their lifetime.
• 3.2% report forced first sex.
• 6.3% report abuse during pregnancy.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011