• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking.
• Within Mali, women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women and girls from other West African countries are subjected to prostitution in Mali.
• Action for the Defense and Promotion of Women Rights, Action for the Promotion of Household Maids, and the Association for Development and Youth operated six shelters, five in Bamako and one in Segou, for abused female domestic laborers.
• DANAYA SO ‘House of Trust’ was established in 1994 to improve the lives of free women in Mali. DANAYA SO is open to any woman in sex work irrespective of age and nationality.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011; Sex Work Activists, Allies and You.