* Destination and, to a lesser extent, a transit and source country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• Most trafficking victims identified in Norway in 2010 originated in Nigeria. Others from Algeria, Lithuania, Romania, Bulgaria, China, the Philippines, Ghana, Eritrea, Cameroon, Kenya, Somalia, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
• 13.9% of women in Norway report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 9.4% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 1,126 rapes and attempted rapes were reported in 2009
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011