• Destination and transit country for trafficked men and women, primarily from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
• Victims subjected to conditions indicative of forced labor and, to a lesser extent, forced prostitution.
• Destination and transit country for women from China, India, Morocco, Eastern Europe, Uganda, Kenya, and other parts of South Asia who may be forced into commercial sexual exploitation.
• No law prohibiting female genital mutilation
• In January 2011, the Royal Oman Police officially opened a permanent shelter for victims of trafficking.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011