• 46 women died in Jan-Oct 2010 as a result of domestic violence.
• Source, transit, and destination country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Some Panamanian women and girls are subjected to sex trafficking in other countries in Latin America and in Europe.
• Most Panamanian trafficking victims are exploited within the country.
• Most foreign trafficking victims are adult women from Colombia, neighboring Central American countries, and the Dominican Republic.
• Some victims migrate voluntarily to Panama to work and then forced into prostitution
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011