• Source, transit, and destination country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women and children from Poland subjected to sex trafficking within Poland and also in the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, and Italy.
• Women and children from Bulgaria, Ukraine, and Belarus trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation in Poland.
• 15% of women in Poland report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 5% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 30% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 17% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011