• Source and possibly destination country for Seychellois children and foreign women and girls subjected to sex trafficking.
• Young drug addicts are at particular risk of being forced into prostitution.
• Foreign tourists reportedly contribute to the demand for commercial sex acts in Seychelles.
• Foreign part-time residents in Seychelles reportedly have created a demand for the import of young women from Eastern Europe and Australia to serve as “party hostesses” in resort hotels and provide sexual services; possible that some of these women experience conditions indicative of forced prostitution.
• Rape and domestic violence a problem.
Sources: U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011