• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.
• Foreign victims found in Serbia originate primarily from neighboring countries and elsewhere in Eastern Europe.
• Children, including ethnic Roma, continue to be exploited in the commercial sex trade,
• 22.8% of women in Serbia report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 6.3% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 26.2% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical and/or sexual violence in their lifetime.
• 0.7% report forced first sex.
• 3.4% report forced first pregnancy.
• Autonomous Women’s Center
• Women against Violence Network
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011