• Destination country for local and Southeast Asian men and women subjected to forced prostitution.
• Children, many under 15, subjected to sex trafficking, particularly near foreign logging camps and on foreign and local commercial fishing vessels, at hotels and entertainment establishments.
• Girls hired under the guise of domestic labor in logging and fishing areas, but coerced into commercial sex.
• Girls are put up for “informal adoption” by their family members in order to pay off debts, and subsequently subjected to sexual servitude.
• Women from China, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines may be recruited and forced into prostitution, including near logging camps.
• Solomon Islands is a destination country for child sex tourists.
• 45.5% of women in Solomon Islands report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 54.7% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 10.7% report abuse during pregnancy.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011