• Transit and destination country, and to a lesser extent, a source country for women and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking.
• Women and children are subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women and children from Slovenia, as well as Ukraine, Moldova, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, the Dominican Republic, Thailand, Iran, Ghana, Morocco, Afghanistan, and Cuba subjected to forced prostitution in Slovenia.
• Women and children transit through Slovenia to Western Europe (mainly Italy and Germany), where they face exploitation.
• SOS Helpline provides anonymous emergency counseling and services to violence victims
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011