• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children for sex trafficking.
• Zambian trafficking victims have also been identified in South Africa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Namibia.
• Destination for Malawi and Mozambique migrants later forced into prostitution.
• Officials believe transnational labor trafficking of South Asians through Zambia is becoming increasingly organized and linked to South African criminal groups.
• 46.5% of women in Zambia report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 16.7% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 46.8% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 20.2% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
• 9.6% report abuse during pregnancy.
• NGO shelters offered limited accommodation for women and children.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report, U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011