• Major source country for women and girls subjected to sex trafficking in Latin America, the Caribbean, Western Europe, Asia, and North America, including the United States.
• Ecuadorian children, many of them indigenous, are subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking in Colombia.
• Colombia a destination for foreign child sex tourists from the United States and Europe, particularly to coastal cities such as Cartagena and Barranquilla.
• Violence against women, including rape.
• 33.4 % of women in Colombia report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 11.5% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 6.1% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011