• Destination country for women from Indonesia and China subjected to forced prostitution.
• Migrant women forced by brothel ‘bosses’ and clients to use drugs or alcohol while providing sexual services.
• 33.5% of women in East Timor report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 2.9% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 38.1% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 3.4% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
• 1.1% report forced first sex.
• 3.7% report abuse during pregnancy.
• Asia Pacific Network of Sex Workers is a coalition of sex worker groups and projects working on issues of HIV and human rights for female, male and transgender sex workers across Asia and the Pacific.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011.