• Source country for women subjected to sex trafficking.
• Women recruited to the United States and territories with promises of well-paying jobs, and forced into prostitution upon arrival.
• Pohnpei State Police received reports that women and children were prostituted to crew members on Asian fishing vessels in Micronesia or in its territorial waters.
• Local Micronesians reportedly facilitate trafficking by transporting girls to the boats for the purpose of prostitution.
• Foreign and Micronesian women and girls in prostitution and foreign men on fishing vessels in Micronesian waters vulnerable to trafficking.
• Asia Pacific Network of Sex Workers is a coalition of sex worker groups and projects working on issues of HIV and human rights for female, male and transgender sex workers across Asia and the Pacific.
Sources: U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011