• Source country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Paraguayan victims are found in Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Spain and Brazil.
In 2010, 32 Paraguayan women were identified in forced prostitution in the Spanish province of Cuenca.
• More than 50 Paraguayan women were rescued from forced prostitution in brothels in Argentina.
• Indigenous persons are particularly at risk of being subjected to forced labor or forced prostitution.
• Poor children from rural areas are subjected to forced commercial sexual exploitation and domestic servitude in urban centers such as Asuncion, Ciudad del Este, and Encarnacion.
• 19.3% of women in Paraguay report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 7.6 of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 6.5 of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011