• Source, transit, and destination country for women and children subjected to sex trafficking.
• Men, women, and children from Romania are victims of forced prostitution in Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Greece, Germany, Cyprus, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Brazil, Norway, Hungary, Slovenia, and France.
• Forced labor and sex trafficking within the country claims Romanian men, women, and children as victims.
•. Destination country for a small number of women from Moldova, Colombia, and France who are forced into prostitution
• 15.1 % of women in Romania report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 3.1% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• Iana Matei’s NGO Reaching Out has been operating since 1998 and provides direct assistance victims of human trafficking.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2006; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011