• Allegations of involuntary sterilization of Romani women.
• Source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.
• Victims are reportedly transported through the Slovak Republic from the former Soviet Union and forced into prostitution throughout Europe.
• 15% of women in Slovakia report intimate partner physical violence in their lifetime.
• 9% of women report sexual intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
• 67.8% of women report intimate partner and/or non-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
Sources: UN Women Violence against Women Prevalence Data: Surveys by Country 2011; U.S. Department of State 2010 Human Rights Report; U.S. Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2011